- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Linkevičius supported Macedonia’s aspirations to EU and NATO membership
On 3 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Macedonia Nikola Dimitrov, who is visiting Lithuania. The two Foreign Ministers discussed the possibility of strengthening bilateral cooperation, Macedonia’s aspirations to EU and NATO membership, the situation in the Western Balkans, issues related to regional security and cooperation.
Linkevičius welcomed the new Macedonian government’s commitment to implement urgent reform priorities and to improve relations with its neighbours.
“I believe your efforts will bring about a positive outcome and that the country will take further steps towards its integration into the EU and NATO. You can rely on Lithuania’s support along this path,” said Linkevičius.
Macedonia has been an EU candidate country since 2005. In 2016, the European Commission expressed its readiness to recommend the opening of accession negotiations, if progress could be made and immediate reforms were implemented.