- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
Linas Linkevičius, “Our main goal is synchronisation of our electric systems with those of continental Europe”
In his introductory remarks addressing the annual Energy Forum in Vilnius on 7 November, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Linas Linkevičius, underlined that, “Lithuania aspires to full-fledged integration into the internal energy market of the EU and synchronisation of the electric systems of the Baltic States with the networks of continental Europe remains a fundamental strategic step to be taken”.
The Minister noted that geopolitical challenges spurred the EU to take the initiative in strengthening energy security throughout the EU by setting ambitious objectives and financial instruments for the Energy Union.
The Minister also stressed that after the Klaipėda NLG terminal had been constructed, the monopoly of Gazprom was eliminated, however gas continued to be used for geopolitical purposes, which was proved by the NordStream 2 project. Another geopolitical endeavour was unsafe development of the Astravyets Nuclear Power Plant project therefore the threats it posed should be duly assessed.